Date: February 13
Time: 10am – 6pm
Location: Seattle – Rainier Beach Community Center
Description: 1-day conference for ultimate coaches and leaders. Our goal is to empower leaders with tools and experience to improve their confidence and grow their programs.
Target Audience: Coaches, Program Coordinators, Community Leaders
Presentation Topics: Team Culture and Dynamics, Program Development, Skill and Strategy Development, Season and Practice Planning, Youth Development
Participant Capacity: 50
- Heather Ann Brauer (YCC coach, GUM chair)
- Age Up (Seattle Youth)
- Ren Caldwell (Ren Fitness) – 3 Strategies to Promote a Team Culture of Better Health and Performance
- Melissa Witmer (Ultimate Results, Ultimate Athlete Project)
- Frank Nam (Franklin HS, Seattle Underground, DiscNW YCC Mixed, 2016 Korean National Team)
- Dr. Ben Wiggins (Sockeye, Riot, RISE UP)
- Mario O’Brien (RISE UP, Sockeye, Cascades, University Prep) – Improving In-game Performance Through Actionable Sideline Roles
- Other seattle coaches
REGISTRATION + CONTACT
Cost + what’s included: $100, conference admission, 4 free RISE UP passes, access to video package of conference, sponsor freebies
Pre-registration Opens: January 25
Programming Contact: email@example.com
Registration Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equity Goal #1: Support women’s ultimate. Registration priority will be given to coaches who are women or those who coach women/girls.
Equity Goal #2: Provide easy access to coaches who serve disadvantaged Seattle communities. Conference located in South Seattle, and registration priority will be given.
Presentation Types: ‘TED Talks’,Lectures, Panels, Classroom Style, Power Point, etc.
Presentation Space/Venue: Large conference room (capacity 100-200)
RISE UP Video Production: These presentations will become available online via the RISE UP website.
Event Organizers: Mario O’Brien (Program Director), Frank Nam (Co-curator), Xuny Haley (Admin)
Lunch: Food will be available for purchase from Bomba Fusion food truck!